At Keats Accounting, we provide high-quality specialised accounting and taxation services for individuals and businesses. We have a holistic approach to managing your financial affairs, to ensure that you are in control of your finances. We are a boutique accounting practice doing things differently for families and small businesses.
We are passionate about helping our clients to get a full understanding about their financial affairs so that they can grow their family wealth. We work differently to other accountants – we invite our clients to become part of our family.
Clients are invited to drop in for fantastic organic coffee or call us any time they need to without worrying they will get an extra bill. We are a pram friendly business and have a children’s area, so you are welcome to bring them with you to your appointment. Sam has a background in one of the largest suburban firms in Melbourne so she has the skills and expertise of a large firm and offers you, along with her expanding team of staff, the personalised service of a small firm. We are also passionate about living and supporting local community groups and are active in the non-profit sector.
On Tuesday our team attended the Xero Roadshow.
Highlights from the day were:
- An interesting point for accountants was that tax and compliance work still accounts for 2/3 of all our work.
- The initial Dashboard when you log in will be more proactive with daily reminders to prompt you to chase up outstanding work and pay runs.
- A new Xero Report Centre will be available soon.
- Cert IV education now includes Xero as the chosen software program.
- Clients will be shortly be able to electronically sign their Activity Statements.
- Demonstrations of Receiptbank and Vend being valuable add on tools – now known as the “ecosystem”. There are over 450 add-on programs available to streamline your productivity.
- Over 50 financial institutions can connected to offer direct bank feeds.
- Initial basic credit check functionality available for businesses taking on new clients.
Don’t forget that each Wednesday at 1pm you can ask questions within the Xero Users Community – simply create a question via #XeroUserHour in Twitter or on Facebook.
For any clients who might be interested in attending an HR seminar regarding their staff and related issues such as Fair Work and legal compliance, please would you take a few minutes to fill out our survey – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HJTMD5D. We hope to run these in 2016 so your feedback would be appreciated.
Important Deadline Dates
21/3 – February monthly BAS
28/3 – February superannuation for monthly payers
31/3 – 2015 tax returns for companies with turnover exceeding $2million in 2014
31/3 – 2015 tax returns for individuals who had a tax liability of more than $20,000 in 2014
21/4 – March monthly BAS
28/4 – March quarterly BAS
28/4 – March superannuation for monthly and quarterly payers
• Income Tax Returns • Financial statement preparation • Bookkeeping • Tax planning advice • Business Activity Statements (BAS) • Referrals to other information partners such as source loans, depreciation reports for Rental Properties, conveyancing and Estate Planning • Discounts for tax returns for couples • Reckon Professional Partner
- Chartered accountant & business advisor
- Registered tax agent
- Specialised accounting, taxation and compliance services for individuals and businesses
- Dedicated local professional with over 15 years experience
- We offer a professional approach to financial management
- We will provide key strategies to maximise your wealth
- We offer you the flexibility of after hours (Thursday evenings) and Saturday mornings (first of each month – by appointment only).
Code of Ethics